Genesis Block is dedicated to growing and educating the community. We strive to provide people with industry best practice information as well as industry best practice tools. Cold Storage Wallets are a great secure way to store your Bitcoin and Cryptos. We sell these devices at our office if you are unable to otherwise procure one. This is a simple guide to set up your TREZOR One wallet. Feel free to let us know if there are any other devices you would like us to provide material on.
Inside the box should contain the following:
- 1x Trezor device
- 1x Micro USB cable
- 2x Recovery seed card
- 1x Lanyard
- 4x Stickers
- 1x User Manual
Setting up your Trezor
- Start by connecting your Trezor via USB to your PC, and then in a web browser visit trezor.io/start to begin your set up.
2. Click on the left model if you have purchased a Trezor One. (This guide is for Trezor One, the Trezor Model T set up process may be slightly different.)
3. Click ‘Create new’ to create a new wallet.
4. Then click ‘Continue to the wallet’.
5. Click ‘Create a backup in 3 minutes’.
6. Tick ‘I understand and I agree’ and press ‘Continue’ to proceed.
7. Now with your recovery seed card, write down the 24 words shown on your Trezor device. Triple check there are no words misspelt. This is a very important step if you ever have to recover your funds. After you have done that, store away your recovery seed card in a secure place.
8. Then click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
9. Click ‘Continue’ again to set a name for your Trezor.
10. Give your Trezor a name and then click ‘Confirm to continue’.
11. Your device will prompt you to confirm your name. Click ‘Confirm’ and ‘Continue’ on your PC to proceed to the next step.
12. On your Trezor again, click ‘Confirm’ to set a PIN number.
13. Create a PIN number up to nine digits. You will need to enter your PIN every time you access your Trezor wallet. This is highly recommended to do to ensure only you have access to your funds.
14. Once you have set a strong PIN, click ‘Continue’.
15. Click ‘Finish’ to complete the set-up process.
Sending and receiving bitcoin
By default, the software shows your bitcoin balance. Click ‘Account #1’ and from here you can see your transaction history, bitcoin address (to receive) and the send function to send bitcoin.
Click the arrow to see a list of the different types of cryptocurrencies that are supported. When you click on any of the cryptocurrencies it will show your balance on-screen, however, accessing your Ether (ETH) requires an additional step.
Click ‘Go to MyEtherWallet’.
Then, from the options select TREZOR and click ‘Connect to TREZOR’.
Enter your PIN
Keep the first option selected. Below is a collection of all your Ethereum addresses, you can choose to store different amounts of ETH in each address. Select one and click ‘Unlock your Wallet’.
Through your Trezor device, you can send ETH to someone by entering their address and the amount you wish to send (Gas limit can be left untouched). Tap ‘Generate Transaction’ and lastly use your Trezor to confirm & sign the transaction.
Wiping your device
If you’re accessing your Trezor on a public computer, it’s better to wipe your device after you’re done.
Tap your device name on the left menu bar, and then go to ‘進階課室’, then click ‘wipe device’ and confirm the action on your Trezor.
When you reconnect your Trezor, you can recover your wallet by clicking on the right ‘Recover wallet’ and entering your 24 seed words.
Thanks for reading our tutorial A simple guide to set up your TREZOR One wallet, don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter to stat up to date.